Saturday, August 3, 2013

Just like Beatrix Zellweger



Hey friends!

I'm off for a wee holiday to the Lake District and Scotland. About a month ago, I decided I wanted a shawl to wear, just as Renne Zellweger did at the very end of Miss Potter. Remember that scene where Beatrix goes walking through her beloved hills? Obviously, I would need a shawl too.

 I convinced myself that I could knit Quill. The big size. Oh foolishness. I regained my senses and opted for Henslowe. I upsized it and pulled it off the blocking board (I'm such a bad blocker, what's up with my messy points?) last night. Still, I do LOVE it so.

So friends, see you in a couple of weeks. Happy August -- phew, I'm so ready for fall!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Tara! I knew you'd finish it in time! Have a great holiday.

Lynn

Chrissy said...

It's a great pattern isn't it? I hope you enjoy your holiday. It's cooled down significantly this week so you will probably enjoy a respite from the heat whilst you are over here. Last month, well that is a different story!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I can only dream about making something so intricate!
Enjoy your time away - Scotland is one of my dream destinations.

Johanna said...

Such delicate colours for a delicate shawl!

Preeti said...

This is just beautiful in the soft colors. have a fab holiday!!

Post a Comment