Sunday, July 14, 2013

I made a SHIRT!







Hey! I made this shirt! I'm kinda gobsmacked for the following reasons:
 #1 - It looks so pretty - It may be unbecoming to be all, hey, look at me I MADE SOMETHING PRETTY! But in this case, I'm just going to be bold. I love it. Especially because I had major fears it would be a Gordon Gartrell homage. 
#2. It fits! 
#3. My friend Johanna and I did it in a day, thanks to her mom's expert steering and infinite patience. To be honest, this pattern is a bit beyond my skill level. If I had tried to do it on my own, things would've ended differently. (Gartrell differently, if you get my drift.)

The details:
Pattern - The Wiksten Tova
Fabric - Comma dot slate, Zen Chic from Greenwood Quiltery
Size - Medium (Not much ease here. It's a snug medium)


6 comments:

Johanna said...

Sweet success!

Chrissy said...

Wow, that looks amazing. The fabric is perfect for the style. If I had made it I would be bouncing up and down with smugness, so you go right ahead and be proud of what you accomplished.

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

WH-WHAAAAT!?!?!? This is SO adorable Tara! I LOVE it! I have had my eye on that pattern... GAH! You might just have pushed me right over the edge! It's amazing!

Cherryeyes said...

Well, there's nothing you can't do. All I can say is: Mount Everest next. That's really, really nice, Ms Tee Kay. xo V.

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous!! I love the fabric - so elegant! You did a fabulous job on this one - it is so boast-worthy!

Preeti said...

So very chic! Love the details at the neckline and the cuff. In fact, love everything about this shirt!!!!

Post a Comment