Tuesday, June 11, 2013

J & M


A while back my friend Viv gave me this lovely gift  -- it's precisely the kind of book that makes you want to invite all of your friends over and embroider a chicken on an apron and set a big fancy table for dinner. 

I've had my eye on the pattern for monogrammed napkins for a good long time. And every few months, I would open up the book and look at the instructions. I would then choose my floss and iron the napkins. And then, of course, I would totally chicken out. 

But I finally pulled myself together and made these for my friend's birthday. I winged the first one (J) and then after it was finished, I decided it might be a good idea to watch some online videos that show how to do the satin stitch. Heh. Ah well. All good in the end :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can't see any difference between the first and the second......

Unknown said...

Such a lovely vintage look to this embroidery! Love the colours you've used!

Preeti said...

Exquisite! I love embroidery on linen.

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

Looooooove this! So pretty Tara! Like... SO pretty! xo

Cherryeyes said...

Hey! I kind of get credit, right? You are a never-ceasing wonder, and I think they look superb.

Love, Cherryeyes (aka Viv)

Cherryeyes said...

I'm back to approval? Sigh.

:o(

Post a Comment