Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I heart... this and that

Fushimi Inari Shrine near Kyoto

Hello there!

:: Remember when I said I signed up for a Coursera course? Well, I finished my last assignment, wrote the exam and ate a celebratory Bundt cake after (thanks Deb!). I think it was good -- there were definitely some weekends and evenings where all I did was work on my homework and assignments -- and accordingly there were profound sessions of sighing and whimpering. But it felt good to stretch my brain a bit and try something new (I took an intro to Python course). And if you're not convinced about the future of massive online open courses, listen to this Modern Poetry prof talk on this podcast about how he connects with students from around the globe -- it will surely convince you that this movement is something special.

:: Speaking of that podcast, I love it so. The Slate Culture Gabfest is fantastic every week. 

:: These little works of art - wow, so exquisite.

Happy week y'all, we're halfway through November!

1 comment:

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

what!?!?!? celebratory bundt cake??? I'M THERE!!!

Post a Comment