Tuesday, August 7, 2012

His and Hers Hunderwasser

Hundertwasser Opal socks

Hundertwasser Opal socks

Socks for Heather and Martin

Lover's leap and Wedding tea

Innocent Crush fabric

My friend Heather is tying the knot soon and I was very taken with the idea of making her some his and her socks. When rustling through my big bag of sock yarn (Side note: how on earth did this bag get so big? I felt very much like the smallest child in the world diving into one of those enormous bouncy castles full of balls), I found two skeins of Opal Hundertwasser yarn. His and Hers Hundertwasser socks! Big ups for the alliteration, right?  Also, big ups for the Austrian artists!

I've bundled them with some delicious Lover's Leap and Wedding tea from Harney and Sons that I picked up in New York. And I sewed up a little gift pouch using Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush fabric and some x's and o's ribbon from John Lewis.

Happy wedding to you Heather - I hope you have many happy days together!


3 comments:

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

MAN I love alliteration! I also love bouncy castles! Such a good post, such a good gift! Love it!

Cherryeyes said...

I wish I was getting married!!!!

xov

Anonymous said...

You are such a kind and thoughtful person....not to forget...talented!

Post a Comment