Thursday, April 12, 2012

i heart .... reading edition

The best place to be - not stuck at the start, fully attached to the characters, and with pages and pages to go...

:: This fascinating article on Your Brain on Fiction

:: This Q&A with David Sedaris on his reading habits 

:: Jumpa Lahiri on connecting with sentences - (isn't it thrilling when you happen across these gems?)

:: This amazing blog Letters of Note (Especially this moving letter from John Steinbeck to his son on the subject of love, this moving Henry James letter on sorrow, and this clever Robert Pirosh query)

2 comments:

Cherryeyes said...

I'm loving your blog, Ms Tee Kay!! I'm going to follow all these links on my lunch break today.

And I know exactly what you mean about the best place to be in a book. I'm between books at the moment, also a fine place to be, with a lovely pile of unread books at my bedside. Will it be Carol Shields's biography of Jane Austen, Paul Quarrington's Galveston, Zadie Smith's The Autograph Man or Our Mutual Friend by Dickens? Or maybe the backlog of Walrus Magazines, which tend to get passed over as I jump right to the next novel? Sweet choices!

V.

ms.tee.kay said...

Thanks V! I agree definitely - the in between books is a pretty good place to be too :)

Post a Comment