Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A public service announcement for children of the '80s


So, my first cross-stitching attempt was far from perfect.
I started stitching. It was all wrong. My friend D set me straight with a good how-to (she has much crafty knowledge).
I ran out of floss. I bought new floss. I counted incorrectly. I fixed many, many errors (sort of).

All my x's are definitely not trucking in the same direction.

And also, the red floss (the new stuff that I bought when I ran out of the kit floss -- my mistake, I was leaving terribly long tails) bled when I went to steam the creases out of the centre.

That said, I still think it's kind of funny. And how upset can you be about an imperfect breakdancing cross-stitch? Answer: Not too upset, after all.

The kit was from the fantastic MisoFunky.
The little peeps, I painted for some littles. For some reason, I can't bring myself to give these girls away.

1 comment:

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

awwww and awww!!!

i love it!

no kidding you don't want to pass along those little dolls! you have the perfect little set-up there.

Post a Comment